[gui-talk] PREVX Virus and Worm Scanner

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at loc.gov
Mon Jan 5 17:34:00 UTC 2009

I have never heard of it, either.  I would want to know contact
information, such as snail-mail adddress or phone numbers, even overseas
ones, for the vendor.  Where you heard about it might also be a clue.

At 10:32 AM 1/5/2009, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Has anyone here used the PREVX CSI Virus and Worm scanner?  If so, does it
>seem to be a legitimate product and does it function reasonably with a
>screen reader?
>There are many of these that, rather than scanning, actually infect a
>machine, but this one looks interesting and I have not found any bad press
>on it as of yet.  Still, I've
>never heard of it so I'm a little uneasy.  It appears to allow scans and
>limited removal for free and a paid version will do more complex
>removal.  It accesses a database
>from the internet of the latest threats which means that one must have
>internet access to use it but one need not update definitions.  It does
>not appear to be something
>that offers real-time protection but is used more to look for threats that
>have managed to get past one's standard protection.
>
>Thanks for any information.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Steve Jacobson

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Section
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535   <http://www.loc.gov/nls>
HOME:  <http://lras.home.sprynet.com>
The opinions expressed here are my own and do not necessarily represent
those of NLS.