[gui-talk] Talking pulse rate monitor?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 12 05:29:22 UTC 2009

I've found a blood pressure unit I'm interested in, thanks to help I
received here. Now I'd like to find just a pulse rate monitor that talks.
The kind I could use while I'm working out in order to check my pulse rate
whenever I wish. I know this function is included with the speaking reading
you get from that talking blood pressure unit, but that isn't what I'm
concerned with. You can't use a stationary bike or treadmill and keep
activating a blood pressure device on your upper arm every few seconds just
to hear your pulse rate announced after it runs its test. I want an instant
reading, on demand. I'm imagining something like my talking wrist watch
except you push the button then you wait a few seconds and then the thing
says your pulse rate loud and clear.

I know someone in the UK posted about something like this, but I need to
find a U.S. source, or sources, for a device like this. I figure that maybe
the large catalogue houses like Maxi Aids and LS&S, and maybe others I can't
think of, may carry such a thing. But I don't have their URLs. Can anyone
give me those We b addresses plus suggest other possible sources? A search
on Amazon turns up nothing, and a Google search turns up a bunch of
confusing hits.

Help, please?