[gui-talk] Talking pulse rate monitor?

Baracco, Andrew W Andrew.Baracco at va.gov
Mon Jan 12 17:45:23 UTC 2009

I used to have a device called the Heartalker.  It consisted of an
elastic band that wraps around your midsection, with sensors that sit
over your chest.  It has a headphone jack, and I believe that they
provide some bud headphones.  It has an on-off switch, and when turned
on, will give you a reading of heart rate, I believe, every minute.  I
do not remember a way to get a reading on demand.  I believe that it
cost about $50, and I got it from Speak To Me.  I didn't find it to be
very rugged at all, and the speech would stop.  i believe it probably
was because of perspiration shorting out the sensors.  I would also be
interested in such a device, so I would appreciate that findings be
posted to the list.

Andy