[gui-talk] Window-Eyes 6.1 does not read Outlook 2003 Inbox

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Wed Jan 14 00:12:45 UTC 2009

Hello Ed. By default Window-Eyes installs the Office 2007 sets since
that is the current Office offering. I suspect that you are using those
instead of the Office 2003 ones. While Office applications such as Word,
Outlook, and/or Excel are not running, open the WE control panel with
control+backslash. Now press alt-f, f and the set file manager will
open. Arrow down to Office 2003 and listen for its status. It may say,
not installed, modified, or out of date. In any case, if you press tab
once, you will be in a read only box which gives you steps on what to do
to get Office apps to behave better. Lastly when you are finished
reading that information, press alt-i to install the sets. Now your
machine will have Office 2003 sets installed. When you open Outlook, you
should find that it's reading better. Be sure to perform the steps
outlined in that readme part of the set file manager and things should
work nicely.

Many thanks.

Raul A. Gallegos -- http://www.asmodean.net