[gui-talk] IE and Firefox on the same Computer?

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun Jan 18 06:15:55 UTC 2009

Hi Peter,

I can't answer your other questions but you can definitely have Firefox
and Internet Explorer running on the same computer without any problems.
the main issue you'll need to decide is which browser you want to be
your default browser.  I have Internet Explorer as my default browser
and start Firefox manually when I want to use it, other people do the
opposite.  I hope this helps.

Regards Steve.

From: "Peter Donahue" <pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net>

    Please excuse me for asking a seemingly stupid question. It comes
from
my tendency to air on the side of caution when installing software and
Web
browsers. Do Firefox and IE 6, 7, and 8 get along together on the same
computer okay or should I have only one or the other browser on each of
our
machines, We're currently using IE 66, but intend to upgrade to 7 or 8
in
the near future. No we don't have three different versions of IE running
on
the same computer. That is just a point of clarification. I recall using
Both Netscape and Internet Explorer on the same desktop many years ago
without any problems. We're running Windows XP Home SP2 on both machines
and
use JAWS 10.

    I know of one individual who claimed to have both browsers installed
on
their desktop. We could launch Firefox without any trouble, but IE was
no
where to be found.

    Perhaps I'm about to answer my own question. I'm running File Zilla
on
both machines. Is that program also a Mazilla product or is it from
another
vendor?Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
Windows Live Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com