[gui-talk] the new and improved bookshare.org

tribble lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 06:43:47 UTC 2009

Hi all --
I just downloaded and copied a bunch of books from the new bookshare.org
which uses zip files rather than .bks to encrypt its books.
I noticed that there is now a different set of .css files than there used to
be -- previously there was 1 file (I forget the name) that was the same for
all the books, so if you unpacked a bunch of books in the same directory,
that one file was shared.
Now there are 3 or more css files common to all the books, and I sent mail
to support at bookshare.org asking if they could be shared -- i.e.., can I
still extract all the files to one directory. Their reply was that all the
books should be in their own directory.
Anyway, this seems like a waste, but apparently it's from the horse's mouth
so I'm passing it along.
I wonder what to do with all the books I have previously downloaded --
perhaps I should create a new folder for the new bookshare.org.
Anyway, happy reading.
--le