[gui-talk] the new and improved bookshare.org

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Wed Jan 21 21:04:18 UTC 2009

Hello Joel. The reason you cannot read a compressed file without
extracting it first typically is not because it's encrypted. Try to
think of a zip file like a package. When you order something in the
mail, it comes in one box. Think of this box as a .zip file. You open
the box and take out the contents and do whatever. However what if the
box had a combination padlock on it. You would need the combination in
order to unlock this padlck before you took out the stuff in it. That is
basically what a password encrypted zip file is.

Hope this helps.

--
Raul A. Gallegos -- http://www.asmodean.net

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3786 (20090121) __________