[gui-talk] Talking blood pressure unit (Will)

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Wed Jan 28 05:59:22 UTC 2009

Hi Will,

I'd have written you off list with this, but maybe there are subscribers
here who might find this informative.

I received that model of talking blood pressure device  from Amazon, and a
sighted friend helped me by stetting it at the 150 mark to guide it
properly.  my blood pressure's regularly been down around 100 over 60
lately, thanks to one of the meds I'm taking.

I've gotten some pretty wild readings off the thing while learning to use
it.pretty high. But I think I've got the cuff adjustment just about right,
which is a little tricky if you're alone, as I am, and doing it one-handed.

but when I got 98 over 58 this evening, twice in a row, with a pulse rate
just a few beats lower than I've been getting at doctors' offices, I figured
I'm getting close. Cuff tightness seems to be the most important thing, if
I've read the quick start instructions correctly.

Do you have any tips from a practiced user? It's a pretty cool device, and
I'd like to get a better handle on it and figure out how to estimate its
accuracy.
.

Joel