[gui-talk] checking virus news or hoax

albert griffith albertgriffith at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 31 12:58:43 UTC 2009

I just allow the professionals to do their jobs and trust they'll keep my
virus program up to date.  I also maintain my firewall and use a little
common sense when deciding which attachments to open. It helps to know you
can open any attachment if you've first saved it to your computer and your
antivirus program is up to date. I used to track these threats down to find
they were hoaxes most of the time.  It was fun because Snopes is a great
site to play around with.