[gui-talk] BARD download speed pretty bad for me

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun Jun 7 04:52:09 UTC 2009

I'm on a DSL connection that isn't the fastest connection in the world, but
it's capable of downloading much, much faster than the 25 Kbs I'm getting
while downloading a book file from the BARD NLS site. I have a good deal of
experience with my own connection and download speed range, and I know this
isn't because of my side  of things. But is it that the BARD server is
always so slow? Or is it just maybe jammed up with traffic on a Saturday
night and a thousand people downloading at once? A traffic issue? This is
just, well, the worst download speed I've gotten with any server that's
functioning rather than failing for some reason. And this speed I'm getting
is steady in the way a failing server wouldn't cause.

is my experience unique? Am I just having bad luck for some reason?