[gui-talk] Anyone using NLS digital reader with a thumb drive?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun Jun 7 06:03:57 UTC 2009

I am, and I'm unsure what's  happening. I downloaded a book  as a zipped
file. I extracted it. what emerged wasn't a single file, but nearly 20
files. I copied them all onto a thumb drive from which I'd carefully deleted
everything earlier, so that there wasn't another file of any sort on it, let
alone another BARD book, because right now they say that's how you have to
do it. One book at a time. They say they're fixing that so you can put more
than one book on a thumb drive at a time.

But anyway, I plugged the  thumb drive into the port on the side of the NLS
player, and pressed the power switch . The player turned on. I pressed the
Play/Stop button, and it said End of Book. To go to beginning of book, press
play/stop again. I did. It said end of book. I pressed the left arrow, it
said beginning of  book. I pressed play/stop, it said end of book. And so
forth.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I not have copied all 16 or so files onto
the thumb drive at once? That would be odd, I think.

But what's going wrong?