[gui-talk] [Bulk] Re: FWd: iPhone, a Reality Check

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Tue Jun 9 21:12:55 UTC 2009

Albert,

if we need to turn it sideways? You mean the phone? Or are you referring to
the portrait versus landscape presentation that they talk about in that
promotional article? Because if that's what you mean, I gather they've got
it covered. Portrait view means vertical, assuming  that the screen is
oblong, of course, and "landscape" means a horizontal view of the same
stuff. Just think vertical and horizontal. The terms are just borrowed from
the proportions of photographs and paintings.

but anyway, I thought they said that you could change the screen from
portrait to landscape and still have this system they describe work just the
same for you. Didn't they say that?