[gui-talk] Fwd: From canes to screen readers on Innovations this week

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sun Jun 21 11:11:25 UTC 2009

 From:    Naama Erez naama at theglobalvoice.info
 To:      whats on whatson at theglobalvoice.info

Hello,

Join me this week for Innovations, which first airs on Tuesday at 17UTC,
that's 1pm US eastern, 10am US pacific and 7pm in Central Europe only on the
Global Voice
www.theglobalvoice.info
Check the schedule for repeat times.

On this weeks show, we have quite a few segments that we recorded at Sight
City in Frankfurt Germany in May this year.
We kick off with a new type of laizer canes and acoustic orientators, then
we move on to a laptop and a few Braille devices for the blind and
deafblind, we talk about the new upgraded version of the Trecker Breeze from
Human Ware, which actually allows you to plan your own routs, and we round
things up with a new screen reader from Baum, which even employs a built in
OCR -- very innovative and interesting indeed.
My special thanks to Geoff Shang, Johanna Herranen and Laurel Robertson for
their assistance in interviewing.
So please join me for what promises to be a varied, interesting and exciting
program, only on the Global Voice.
Sincerely,
Naama erez
Executive producer