[gui-talk] Problem with Jaws 10 and headings

Geetha Shamanna geetha at millernorbert.de
Thu Jun 25 05:27:50 UTC 2009

Hello all,

I have been facing a couple of problems navigating through headings on Web
sites since switching to Jaws 10:

1. I am unable to directly move to Heading 2 or Heading 3 by pressing the
numbers 2 or 3 on a site without first moving to Heading 1. Jaws says there
are no headings under levels 2 or 3, but once I move to heading 1, the other
headings on the page show up. I was however able to directly move to
low-level headings in Jaws 9.

2. The headings do not wrap around automatically anymore as in Jaws 9. I
have to move the cursor to the top manually in order to move to the first
heading on the page.

Are there any settings that can make Jaws 10 behave like Jaws 9 with respect
to headings? Solutions would be appreciated.
Geetha