[gui-talk] Fwd: Part 2: Window-eyes HotSpot 3.0 isn't mousy any more, check it out!

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Apr 9 06:28:52 UTC 2010

 From:    jim grimsby Jr. jgrimsby at roadrunner.com

also even when it is mousey as you put it it provides a lot of good
features.  lets explore  how this script can help.  I am going to look at
two programs I have been using hot spot for accessing for a while.  first we
will talk about windows live mail.
as many of you know already gw micro has maid a script for windows live
mail.  what it does basicly is get information from msa when it is needed
and reports this information back to the user.  this is a wonderful script
in it's own right.  how-ever there are just places where it doesn't go far
enough.
in the windows live mail rss reader a wonderful tool let me tell you there
is an option called view on line.  this option is only reachable buy using
the mouse pointer.  so yes it is mousey here.   what I did was set up a hot
spot to move the mouse to this option and click it.  that worked wonders
most of the time.  but there are times where this little option moves around
the screen so at times I would still have to go looking for it.  now with
hot spot 3.0 I can and did add the option to go find this string of text.
now if the option moves hotspot 3.0 will go look for it and then click the
left mouse button on it.
now lets take skype.  skype has a wonderful script that gets information
from the skype Api and from msaa to provide you the user with all kinds of
information.  this is wonderful but the skype user interface needs a lot of
tabbing from here to there to get things done.  with hot spot 3.0 I was able
to cut this down a grait deal.   alt+4 move to the chat input box.
this does exactly what it says.  it finds the text type message to and once
found click the left mouse button.  this drops you right in to the edit box
where you can start typeing to the person selected.
move to chat message list same storry as above exepct that it checks for
show messages and once found clicks the left mouse button.  move mouse to
profile well this moves the mouse to the profile information so you select
the person with the arrow keys press alt 6 and your mouse is on the profile
information for that contact.  the hot spot presses the space bar finds the
string add people and moves the mouse to the next line.  causing the first
line of the profile to be read. this is just a start of what you can do but
I hope it gives you an idea of the ways even with using the mouse how you
can make a program useable and plain more fun.

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com
Skype:  steve1963