[gui-talk] FW: Tony Joe White aka Swamp Fox updated

tunecollector tunecollector at sbcglobal.net
Thu Apr 15 21:50:29 UTC 2010

  _____

From: tunecollector [mailto:tunecollector at sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:53 AM
To: audio-central at yahoogroups.com; lostinthestacks2 at yahoogroups.com;
MonkeyShinesTunez at yahoogroups.com; rcktman at optonline.net;
tunecollector at sbcglobal.net
Subject: Tony Joe White aka Swamp Fox updated

I neglected to post two albums in my last post.  They are at the bottom of
the list.
As it has aged, Tony Joe White's voice has become low and dark and it makes
you glad
that you are hearing it coming from a speaker rather than from the back of
an alley.
You may remember White from his hit "Poke Salad Annie."  When I was younger,
I actually
had to eat the stuff and it tastes like okra.  That's the poke salad, not
Annie.
Since Poke Salad Annie, White has put out a couple dozen albums and most of
them
are very good.  His Southern rock isn't the high energy stuff like Lynnyrd
Skynnyrd
or the Allman Brothers.  His songs are slower and swampier because you don't
want
to move too fast in the heat.  I haven't arranged these albums in any
particular
order and they were batched as I came across them.  However I will start out
with
my favorite.
The first link is for the 320 rip of Uncovered, a steaming, sensuous record
where
White is assisted by some very well-known people.  Candor prevents me from
revealing
who.
 <http://www.sendspace.com/file/10t0qm> http://www.sendspace.com/file/10t0qm

The second link is a batch of six albums: 1969 Black and White, 1970 Toney
Joe, 1971
Tony Joe White, 1972 Live in Europa, 1972 The Train'm That I'm On, and 1976
 <http://www.sendspace.com/file/d31cj6> http://www.sendspace.com/file/d31cj6

The third link is for Deep Cuts
 <http://www.sendspace.com/file/bvxk1i> http://www.sendspace.com/file/bvxk1i

The fourth cut is for Snakey and Hard to Handle Live
 <http://www.sendspace.com/file/d2vxle> http://www.sendspace.com/file/d2vxle

The fifth link is for Closer to the Truth, Swamp Aligator, Bootleg, Lake
Placid Blues,
and One Hot August.
 <http://www.sendspace.com/file/5cx0gb> http://www.sendspace.com/file/5cx0gb

The sixth link is The Beginning, which is not his first album by the way,
and The
Path to a Perfect Groove.
 <http://www.sendspace.com/file/ou080l> http://www.sendspace.com/file/ou080l

The seventh link is for The Heroine, where White is guested by several
female artists,
and the Best of Tony Joe White.
 <http://www.sendspace.com/file/supr7t> http://www.sendspace.com/file/supr7t

The eighth link is for Home Made Ice Cream and White's second album which
was
entitled Continued.
 <http://www.sendspace.com/file/h3dt2w> http://www.sendspace.com/file/h3dt2w

The ninth link is for Dangerous
 <http://www.sendspace.com/file/n6ppei> http://www.sendspace.com/file/n6ppei

Then tenth link is for The Real Thang.  [Get it?  He's from the south and
they say thang instead of thng.  Clever marketing, huh?]

 <http://www.sendspace.com/file/7kfbda> http://www.sendspace.com/file/7kfbda

As always, you may freely share my links.
Jim
 <http://www.eset.com> http://www.eset.com

http://www.eset.com