[gui-talk] NVDA and realspeak

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Apr 16 06:13:22 UTC 2010

Hi Allen,

There are two types of RealSpeak voices - the SAPI voices that aren't
tied to a particular program and what are sometimes called the RealSpeak
Solo voices.  If you are hoping to use the RealSpeak voices that came
with JAWS for example with NVDA this isn't possible because those voices
are linked to JAWS and deliberately won't work with other programs.  I
purchased the SAPI RealSpeak Karen and Lee voices from
www.nextuptech.com
and these voices work well with NVDA.  However when I purchased these
voices you had to buy one of the programs sold by this company and you
couldn't just buy the voices alone.  I don't know if this is still the
case.  I hope this helps.

Regards Steve.

On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:03:57 -0400