[gui-talk] my thumb drive just died

Humberto humbertoa5369 at netzero.net
Fri Apr 16 02:15:10 UTC 2010

Hello.
my flash drive (USB thumb-drive) just died today, and I can't
understand why that happened. I was using it just fine. I was
working on stuff for my homework that was on that thumb drive,
then I went to eat dinner. After dinner it didn't work. It looks
like the material that has the data in it has burnt up or
exploded, because it feels very hot when I touch it, and the
built-in light doesn't come up at all. When I insert it into my
computer, the connecting sound doesn't play either. What do I do?
This is important because it is where I put all my school-related
stuff. Any comments are appreciated.