[gui-talk] braille and windows7 and 64 bit

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 18 22:50:07 UTC 2010

Greetings all.  I am writing to ask anyone about their experience getting
drivers for embossers and braille displays that are compatible with 64bit
windows7
I am soon to get a new system to retire my old xp and I am wondering if the
braille will have to stay on my old machine or will it travel? My embosser
is an Everest, which is still being sold, but my model does not connect via
USB -- requires either parallel or serial (if any machines are left with
that relic).  I have a USB to parallel adaptor, but this doesn't identify
the embosser to the new version of winbraille -- those with Index line of
embossers will know about winbraille. I don't think I can install the
drivers without installing winbraille on top of it. Or can I? Does anyone
use the Everest?

My display is a brailliant, and the newest drivers I know about are dated
2005.
It really needs new software.
Has anyone been able to update software to use their old braille equipment?
Anybody want to buy a brailliant??? (just kidding -- I'm sure it must be
supported, but someone else was asking this question a while back and I
didn't see an answer.  Humanware tech support had better have some idea, or
else I will have lost a bunch of money on this display...(good display, tech
support difficult).

Happy brailling all.