[gui-talk] any progress in NLS DTB limited access issues?

Good, John John.Good at city.pittsburgh.pa.us
Fri Apr 30 20:11:16 UTC 2010

That will be a sad day!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: gui-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:gui-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org]
On Behalf Of Baracco, Andrew W
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 1:12 PM
To: NFBnet GUI Talk Mailing List
Subject: Re: [gui-talk] any progress in NLS DTB limited access issues?

When the NLS Talking Book program was founded in the 1930's, there was
no other practical means to get accessible books in the hands of blind
persons in large quantities.  Today, the audio book has become part of
the mainstream, and I think that just a few more developments will
render the talking book program obsolete but I think that this process
will happen on its own, and we certainly should not advocate hastening
the death of NLS.

Andy