[gui-talk] Fwd: Learn about Digit-Eyes on this week's Main Menu

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Tue Jul 20 23:06:03 UTC 2010

 From:    Jamie Pauls jamiepauls at sbcglobal.net
 To:      announce at acbradio.org

This week we hear another Techie Tidbit from Tyler Juranek.  Next, Darrell
Shandrow begins a two-part interview with Nancy Miracle of Digital Miracles
about Digit-Eyes, a bar-code-scanning app for the iPhone designed especially
for the blind.  Conducted at the 2010 ACB national convention, this
interview covers many topics including some general background information
about bar codes, a demonstration of the proper use of Digit-Eyes,
information about how to focus the iPhone for taking good pictures, tips on
how to insert labels properly into printers, and a sneak peek at upcoming
products from Digital Miracles.  We also hear a fascinating story about how
a mainstream developer became aware of the need for products  designed for
the blind.  Even if you do not currently own an iPhone, you do not want to
miss this excellent interview!

Main Menu airs on Saturdays at 1:00 UTC; that's Fridays at 9:00 Eastern in
the U.S.

http://mainmenu.acbradio.org/rss.php

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net