[gui-talk] Exporting Messages from Outlook Express to Outlook

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Jan 1 04:49:22 UTC 2011

Hello.

I've purchased a new computer and have Outlook on it.  I use Outlook Express on my present machine as my email client.  How can I export my Outlook Express folder structure and messages such that I can import them into Outlook on the new machine?  The machines aren't networked together so ideally I would like to export the mesages to an external hard drive and then import them from that drive to the new machine.  I've played with exporting the Outlook Express addressbook but it says I have no profiles (whatever they are) on this machine so can't do that.  So how do I export messages and addressbook when the machines aren't networked?

Is there a way to simply get Outlook to read the .DBX files and import them?  What am I missing.

T I A!

Mike