[gui-talk] searching in windows 7

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Fri Jan 7 22:17:03 UTC 2011

As they say, "Google is your friend."  It might be necessary to set up a custom search, but perhaps setting Windows Explorer to the root of the hard drive would be sufficient.  I don't know how to limit to just filenames and wildcards, but Custom probably comes into play, here, also.  You might start your explorations at
  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Find-a-file-or-folder

I haven't mastered this in Windows 7, either, but this might help.  I think you use Window-Eyes.  If you haven't listened to Doug Geoffray's Windows Vista tutorials, available on the GW Micro site in MP3 format, check out some of them.  They are playable on an NLS DTB player if you put them inside the audio+podcasts folder.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.