[gui-talk] Notification chevron

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Sat Jan 15 04:44:22 UTC 2011

The term "notification chevron" means that there are more things which
Windows could display on the system tray.  If you press Enter on the
chevron, then up arrow, you can find out what items are being hidden.  I
think that the first item above the position of the chevron is a button that
allows you to change how or whether programs notify you about things on the
system tray.  Each program has three possible notification options.  So you
can use this Windows mechanism any way you want to, in addition to
uninstalling some things that you don't need.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls