[gui-talk] having problems with the new Kindle for PC app

Beth Wright beth.wright at mindspring.com
Sat Jan 22 00:07:51 UTC 2011

Hi.

Thanks for the list of shortcuts.  The problem is, I can't seem to get them
to work.  I get into the program, open a book, press the command to read or
listen to instructions, and get complete silence.  Incidentally, this
program is supposed to have its own text-to-speech voice, but I just get the
one from the NVDA screenreader.  Looked in the menus and the help section,
but can't find any information about turning off the NVDA speech off and
turning the Kindle text-to-speech on.  Apparently, this is supposed to
happen automatically, but it sure doesn't when I try to run it.

Beth Wright