[gui-talk] Unable to Access Target.com web Site Using IE 8 With XP

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Tue Nov 13 21:20:57 UTC 2012

IE 8 can autocomplete the entry of URLs and filenames.  I don't know whether JAWS 9 supports checking this, but when you type an address like www.target.com , you might be getting different results if you down arrow a couple of times.  IE is remembering a path where you have gone before, and this won't be forgotten unless you delete your browsing history.  Window-Eyes, NVDA and later versions of JAWS should be able to tell you what the whole URL is when you have typed the first part of it.  This is just a guess, but I think it's worth pursuing, since so many others are not having trouble with the site.  FireFox would be wotrking from a different URL history.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Project Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress   202-707-0535
http://www.loc.gov/nls
The preceding opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of the Library of Congress, NLS.