[gui-talk] Help from Apple Users

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Feb 20 03:23:47 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to help a person navigate the complexity of buying a computer and learning to use one for the first time while in his 70's.  Since he had never used a keyboard, he is somewhat interested in using voice
input.  I am fairly familiar with what is available in the Windows world, but am wondering if there are voice input options for the MAC as well.  If it is built in, is it pretty good at generating text for e-mails, for example,
knowing that there are always corrections necessary.  I am not certain if there are other advantages I should consider for him with a MAC, either, although certainly VoiceOver would certainly be helpful.

Thank you for any help.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson