[gui-talk] password manager accessibility with screen readers

Thomas Stivers thomas.stivers at gmail.com
Wed May 22 11:17:24 UTC 2013

Hi Humberto,
I have used Password Safe, an open source password manager, for years.
Password Safe is available from http://pwsafe.org/ and it is free. I cannot
promise that it is 100% secure, but it has received good reviews from folks
in the security industry. It is accessible with jaws and NVDA. A handy bonus
is there is an iPhone app called pwSafe which can also use the same password
database files as password safe.
Using any of these password storage ideas is going to compromise your
security a little bit, but using a password of mypassword1234 on all your
sites compromises it a lot more. You can feel free to follow all the other
suggestions including inscribing your passwords on stone tablets with moon
type, or you can check out password safe. *smile*
Insecurely yours,
Thomas