[gui-talk] Recovering Google

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 22 13:59:51 UTC 2014

Good morning,

IN the aftermath of resolving some recent connectivity issues I am now
getting the following error message when I launch MSIE 11 using Google as my
default home page:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

www.google.com

404. That's an error.

The requested URL /cgi-bin/redirect.ha was not found on this server. That's
all we know.

I have tried various techniques such as launching another website then
entering Google's URL in the open file edit box, only to get the same
peculiar error 404 message. Warm reboots of the system failed to rid me of
the error 404. A ping of Google using CLI mode indicates no packet loss. Any
suggestions for how to get good ole Google back are welcome and thanks in
advance.

Best regards,

Rob "Jayhawk Bob" Tabor who as of today is dead last in Terrill Thompson's
accessible NCAA tournament bracket  <lol>