[gui-talk] oxymoron

Hoffman, Allen allen.hoffman at hq.dhs.gov
Thu May 1 19:39:15 UTC 2014

Can someone explain why on windows 8 that the touch keyboard is unusable, and there is not alternative?  On IOS we continue to hear the challenge of using alternative keyboards like fleksy or mbraille for all apps as an option is limited because of Apple's app sandboxing/isolation.  While windows 8 and 8.1 is not the wild west I don't believe it is sandboxed in the same way as IOS is, so what's not happening to provide fleksy or mbraille like keyboard functionality as part of a screen reader?  Am I missing some piece of windows preventing this?  Am I missing some part of our AT producers preventing this?  Someone please enlighten me.