[gui-talk] Windows 10 touch pad problem

Don H lmddh50 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 16 14:05:51 UTC 2015

Just installed Windows 10 on my HP laptop.  Prior to the upgrade I had a
setting in the mouse settings that when checked disabled the touch pad
if a external mouse was plugged in.  It worked great and after a reboot
the touch pad remained disabled.  Now with Windows 10 that same check
box under mouse settings won't stay checked.  After any reboot you have
to go into mouse settings and check the box to disable the touch pad.
Anyone got a remedy for this issue?  Am considering getting into the
BIOS to disable the touch pad but would rather not as I never like
messing with the BIOS.  Any help would be appreciated.