[gui-talk] wireless connection very slow

Sherri flmom2006 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 02:58:26 UTC 2017

I hope someone can explain this to me.  I have a Del laptop running windows
XP.  Yes, I am going to upgrade it.

Anyway, I am on A T &T for my wireless connection, but sometimes I go to a
friend's house who has Brighthouse (now Spectrum).  Before it changed over,
the connection was good.  I had no trouble getting on and the speed was
great.  Now, the connection is really slow.  I can't work (I do medical
transcription), because the connection is so slow.  A tech came out to look
at it and he said the speed on his phone was fine, buty when he ran a speed
test on mine, it was very slow.  Brighthouse has tweeked the settings before
and it worked fine, but was always temporary.  Why would it work great here
but not there?  I just can't believe it's my computer.  Any explanation
would be appreciated.

Sherri

expectations
of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you want; blindness is not what
holds you back.

Sherri Brun
flmom2006 at gmail.com
President NFB of Central Florida