[GUI-Talk] Web site Date Pickers

Ben Fulton bluezinfandel at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 03:03:06 UTC 2018

Hi Andy,

I too have had this problem, repeatidly. I use Jaws 2018 with windows 10 and
as far as I know the problem is in the design of the website. If anyone
knows any tricks around this I would be happy to hear about it. So far I
have had to rely on sighted assistance and/or calling the company.

Ben

I am having a chronic issue that relates to reservation sites such as
hotels, restaurants, and transportation sites where you want to schedule a
reservation. Many of these sites display a read only edit box that usually
is populated with the current date. I can't figure out how to change the
text in this box to reflect the date on which I want to make the
reservation. This issue is not browser or screen reader specific.  Any
thoughts?

Andy