[GUI-Talk] Question about using VMWare

Curtis Chong chong.curtis at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 16:02:11 UTC 2019

Hello Sierra:

I am afraid that JAWS will not work in the virtual machine environment.
There are some scenarios (i.e., Citrix) where you have one version of JAWS
installed on your computer and another "remote" copy installed on a Citrix
server. This "remote access" feature comes at a price of $200, but I do not
believe this will solve your specific issue.

Speaking technically, the virtual machine window is a huge set of graphics
which JAWS has absolutely no good way to parse-even with its Convenient OCR
feature. My advice (I bet some of you could see this coming<smile>) is to
secure the services of a sighted reader or to find a way to avoid the
virtual machine environment altogether.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong