[GUI-Talk] "Open Parent Document"

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Tue Aug 4 12:54:30 UTC 2020

The AWARE web app creates a report and then is supposed to print it to PDF.
Acrobat DC opens up during the process, showing its usual options, but
nothing but the cryptic title is readable. I'm going to look on one of the
network drives that is connected to this computer and check the creation
dates of files, if I find any. This is not the behavior we had on an earlier
laptop Judy was using; we had to replace the laptop when it refused to look
for any Wi-Fi access points when I changed our router. So far nobody at DORS
seems to know how this problem was solved in the past. Judy wants these
files so she can e-mail them, and in some cases re-read them. We used this
case management web app   with Chrome on a previous computer, but this
causes other problems, I am told.
It's a wonder that these web apps work at all, and I'm afraid we are going
to see more and more of them in work settings. A web browser puts one more
layer of complexity between the information and the screen reader that we
need to use for nonvisual access.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, MD