[GUI-Talk] Orbit 20 t

Rasmussen, Lloyd lras at loc.gov
Thu Aug 13 13:16:18 UTC 2020

To add to Raoul's message, while you are in the file that you are reading, move away from the first line of the file, since this is often the filename itself. If you stay on that first line, you might press dot 7 and think nothing had happened.
And don't do what I have done lately--pressing e-chord when I want to escape out of the file. This is the correct command for doing this on many braille notetakers, but on the Orbit it puts you into Edit mode, so you start writing in the file you are reading. I'm not sure what would happen if you marked the file as Protected, that's an experiment for another day.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled
Library of Congress, Washington, DC 20542
202-707-0535     https://nls.loc.gov
The preceding opinions are my own and not necessarily those of the Library of Congress, NLS.