[GUI-Talk] Problems filling out forms using NVDA screen reader

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Tue Jun 2 00:22:23 UTC 2020

Hi, this is very strange. I use NVDA on Windows 10, but the difference
is Google Chrome. I'm sure you know this, but have you looked at whether
you are inside the browse mode when you are trying to interact with
these controls? If you are in browse mode, then you can use arrow keys
to navigate to them, then press the space bar to toggle the state of the
button or check box. Now, if you are out of browse mode, press NVDA key
plus Space until you hear the typing sound, then they behave like normal
windows controls inside other programs.  For example, tab and shift tab
to radio buttons and use up/down arrows to choose one, tab and shift tab
to a check box and press space to toggle the checked or unchecked state.
I'm not sure if this will help, but feel free to let me know either way
if you can.

Take care.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Vice President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
(832) 554-7285  |  rgallegos at nagdu.org

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan