[GUI-Talk] Securing Your Digital Life - a free interactive webinar

Raul A. Gallegos (NFB) rgallegos at nagdu.org
Mon Jun 8 23:27:11 UTC 2020

Hello folks. Please share this where appropriate.

In this day and age, it is extremely important to stay safe when it
comes to our digital access. This means that you should not ever use the
same password for your email, your bank, and your social media accounts.
On Friday, June 26, 2020 at 1 p.m. Central time, I will be hosting a
free Zoom session. This session is called, Securing Your Digital Life.
In this session, I will discuss what passwords are, why we use them, and
how we can make the most of making sure we are safe and secure. I will
discuss safe and efficient methods of using a different password for
everything like your email, bank, social account, or computer, whether
you memorize it all or use a password manager. I will discuss 2-factor
authentication, one-time use codes, and security keys, along with pros
and cons of everything I suggest. I will share what has worked for me,
and what hasn't. If you would like to participate in this interactive
session, please fill out the registration form before June 24 to secure
a spot. I will also be holding a drawing for a free gift, worth up to
$50 for those who have registered and are in attendance.

Please note, this seminar is for everyone who wants to better manage any
kind of password for anything. It's for everyone regardless of whether
you are a Windows, Mac, or Linux user. Whether you use a smartphone or
not, whether you use a password manager or not.

The link to register is:
https://forms.gle/PVRH4jLVdy9rfQXw6

I hope you will be able to join.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Vice President: National Association of Guide Dog Users
(832) 554-7285  |  rgallegos at nagdu.org

"Blindness is a characteristic, not a handicap." -- Dr. Kenneth Jernigan