[GUI-Talk] Problems With The iOS Bard Mobil Application 1.3.3

Louis Maher ljmaher03 at outlook.com
Mon Jan 4 21:39:27 UTC 2021

Folks,

I am having a great deal of problems with the Bard Mobile Application 1.3.3.  I am using iOS version 14.3 on my SE 2020 iPhone.

I am unable to access the speed controls.  While I am reading a book, swiping up and down on the speed control does not change the speed.  Also, I can't here the speed setting.  If I open the settings menu, and open the audio settings menu, I can't here the speed control setting, and I can't change the setting.  If I turn Voiceover off, a sighted person can change the settings.

Also, I am no longer able to delete books from the book shelf. When I hit the edit key, I swipe left and right on a book, I can't find the delete option as described in the Bard mobile manual (https://nlsbard.loc.gov/apidocs/BARDMobile.userguide.iOS.1.0.html#:~:text=7.3%3A%20Braille%20Shortcut%20Keys%20%20%20Key%20,or%20dot%206%20%2017%20more%20rows%20).

I removed the Bard Mobile from my iPhone.  I then reloaded the application.  I could not get the ID and Password fields to go into the edit mode so that I could enter my ID and Password.  I turned Voiceover off and a sighted person entered these numbers for me.

I have written to the Texas state library for help at
(tbp.services at tsl.texas.gov<mailto:tbp.services at tsl.texas.gov>).

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

Thank you for any ideas.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838