[GUI-Talk] Fw: How to find Hidden E-mail Addresses with JAWS

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Oct 2 15:50:25 UTC 2021

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Jen <spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net>To: Curtis Chong <chong.curtis at gmail.com>Sent: Saturday, October 2, 2021, 11:48:27 AM EDTSubject: Re: [GUI-Talk] How to find Hidden E-mail Addresses with JAWS
  Draft of Letter to Yahoo [has a "Give Feedback" link]
List, please make suggestions:
My name is [my full name.] I am totally blind. I use a screen reader which translates screen output into speech.
The method for showing hidden e-mail addresses, where the "send mail link" is invisible, is convoluted for screen reader users. The user has to simulate hovering their mouse over the name, jump to the line with the name now shown and then jump back. And the content doesn't stay. Instead, Yahoo should show all e-mail addresses in a format like"CC: Jen < spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net >" instead of a hidden, invisible link called "Jen."