[GUI-Talk] Query about Braille notetakers, with apology if off topic

Georgia Kitchen kitchen2809 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 03:26:08 UTC 2021

Hi, Well,  no the one I  wrote about is by Humanware and it came out in
January 2021. It is basically a display but has basic notetaking features.
It will have text to speech when Humanware comes out with a newer version
of the software. There are 20 and 40 cell versions. It has a lower price
point than the braille note or whatever you call it now. Yes, I remember
the pac mate but I have only owned Humanware notetakers. I bought 2 used
and one on sale. I do like them but have to learn to maintain the batteries
myself or find someone who can do it preferably for a reasonable price.
Since I live in the midwest, I can do my shopping with the humanware dealer
Roger. He is very knowledgable and his company is called adaptive
information systems.  Oh, the 20 humanware display I mentioned has a
battery you can replace but the 40 cell version has a battery that
humanware has you send in to get it replaced. Georgia