[HIABS] Monday, April 23, at 9:30 am: Conference Committee Meeting

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sat Apr 21 06:49:51 UTC 2018

Aloha, Fellow Federationists:

The date has been set for the first conference committee meeting! The conference committee could meet any number of times next week, but it's important for us to show up to this meeting if we can. Nobody will be giving spoken testimonies, but it shows them that we care when blind people show up.

DATE:

Monday, April 23, 2018

TIME:

9:30 AM

PLACE:

Conference Room 329
State Capitol
415 South Beretania Street

Members who happen to be Ho`opono employees will be in a mandatory DHS staff training from 9 to 11 on Monday, so we will miss the meeting for sure. This creates an opportunity for others to step up. Attending this meeting is a great opportunity to learn about the process and also represent the National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii.

In this meeting, Senators and Representatives will be examining previous bill language and producing the final version that will go to a final vote from both chambers and hopefully a signature by Governor David Ige.

Our bill is the second item on the agenda, which can be viewed at: https://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/session2018/hearingnotices/CONF_LAB_04-23-18_.HTM

If you have any questions, please do reach out to me. Mahalo nui loa for your excellent participation this session!

In service,

Justin Salisbury

Justin M. Salisbury, MA, NOMC, NCRTB, NCUEB
Legislative Committee Chair
Honolulu Chapter
National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii
Phone: 808.797.8606
Email: President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-salisbury

"Once social change begins, it cannot be reversed. You cannot un-educate the person who has learned to read. You cannot humiliate the person who feels pride. You cannot oppress the people who are not afraid anymore."

Cesar Chavez