[HIABS] FW: Give Aloha - Ideas for Success!

Virgil Stinnett 808virgil at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:37:47 UTC 2018

Aloha NFB Of Hawaii Honolulu Chapter friends and family,

Please come and join us in supporting the NFBH Honolulu Chapter.  By
participating with the Foodland Give Aloha program.

Read message below.

Mahalo and Aloha,

Virgil Stinnett President

NFBH Honolulu Chapter

National Federation of the Blind, Honolulu Chapter
Code: 78941

Aloha!

Give Aloha, Foodland's Annual Community Matching Gifts Program begins
Saturday, September 1. We are excited that your organization is
participating! We are committed to making this the best year ever! Foodland
will promote Give Aloha on our website, with a brand new store banner, signs
at checkout, the Give Aloha logo on the customer screen, loose change
donation boxes, participating organization brochures at checkout, in-store
announcements, social media posts plus radio and TV ads! Our cashiers will
be ready to accept your supporters' donations!!

New this year -- we've taken your feedback and created a tutorial video that
you can share with your supporters to help them understand how easy it is to
Give Aloha with a donation to your organization. Simply include this URL --
<https://youtu.be/bGvpzeDJvRU> https://youtu.be/bGvpzeDJvRU -- in your
emails, newsletters, and share to your social media channels. It will also
be available in the Resource Materials.

Here are some suggestions to increase your success in Give Aloha:

Spread the word and let your members and loyal supporters know your
organization is participating in Give Aloha. Use a variety of communication
methods such as emails, newsletters and social media.

Post attention-grabbing signs at your location. Be sure to include your
organization name, Give Aloha logo and your organization's 5-digit code.

Use social media channels to inform your followers that you're participating
in Give Aloha. See the attachment for an effective and easy way to create a
social post.

Communicate what the funds raised will be going towards. Your supporters
will appreciate knowing how their donation will be utilized.

Make donating fun! In the past, one school created a jingle incorporating
their organization name and code - the kids found it fun learning the jingle
and went home and sang it to their parents. Some organizations have contests
to encourage participation. Schools can have students create a flyer to take
home to show their parents (be sure it includes your organization name and
code).

Be sure to incorporate the tutorial video we've provided in your
communication to your supporters.

Lastly, instruct your supporters to donate with their Maika'i card, which is
required in order for their donation to receive a matching gift.

If you have any questions, please email me at givealoha at foodland.com
<mailto:+givealoha at foodland.com>  or call me at (808) 735-7388.

Regards,
Juliet Garcia