[Home-on-the-range] station on white cane walk for convention

James H. "Jim" Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Tue Nov 9 23:38:01 UTC 2010

Hello,
on the white cane walk friday afternoon of convention we will walk
from near 11th and mass st. to 6th and mass st, through the downtown
of lawrence.  we will have a small station/table at 8th and mass in
front of Tellers restaurant.
this station is a place for walkers to stop,  nfb literature to be
distributed, and maybe nuts will be sold.
for our local walks, lynda and sidney have done this station.  this
year sidney is unable to, and lynda is not up to doing this.
I may have a Lion's club volunteer, but I would prefer to have an nfb
member there who is not doing the walk itself.

so, any volunteers?  it is a fun activity interacting with walkers
and the public.
jc