[Home-on-the-range] announcement, pass along, convention white cane walk

James H. "Jim" Canaday M.A. N6YR n6yr at sunflower.com
Wed Nov 10 06:47:07 UTC 2010

           NFB of Kansas convention white cane walk
                 November 12, 2010

Assemble 3:00p.m.

please share this e-mail with others you think might enjoy
participating in Our White Cane Walk.

Where: the small parking lot behind the County Offices building on
the corner of 11th and Mass st.  This lot is accessible from North Park st.

Sidney and Harlan Roedel will register walkers.   Walkers and guide
dogs will each get a  decoration for the walk.  We will either have
bandanas or crape paper armbands.

Start walk at 3:30p.m.

Route: walkers go to Mass st., turn north, walk on the east side of
Mass st. cross 11th, 10th, 9th, 8th, 7th, and the route ends before
crossing 6th and Mass.  Walkers will pass many of Lawrence's
top  spots on this route.  In the six hundred block, walkers will
find Free State Brewery.  If you are curious, just ask about a
particular interest.  A candy store is just across 9th and Mass from
our route, too.

The more the merrier!
Anyone who needs more information or has other issues can e-mail me at:
<mailto:N6yr at sunflower.com>N6yr at sunflower.com
Or call me at 785-841-1903.

Jim Canaday