[Home-on-the-range] Blind Driver Challenge

Floyd floydray1 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 3 20:31:43 UTC 2010

Let's Get Ready to Rolex!

The National Federation of the Blind is making plans for the debut of
our prototype nonvisual interface that will empower a blind person to
drive a car, and we want to know if you plan on being there.  On
Saturday, January 29, 2011, we will hold the first public demonstration
of work conducted under our Blind Driver Challenge initiative. At the
Daytona International Speedway, a blind person will drive a car, without
sighted assistance, on the track in front of tens of thousands of fans
before the start of the Rolex 24 at Daytona.

We are encouraging the members and friends of the National Federation of
the Blind to attend this ground-breaking exhibition of our NFB Jernigan
Institute.  The Rolex weekend generates a lot of traffic in Daytona and
room rates are higher than our traditional event rates.  In order to
make it possible for our members to attend, we are attempting to
negotiate the best hotel rate.  So if you are interested in attending,
please tell us by sending an email to bdc at nfb.org, and let us know if
you would plan to stay overnight on Friday or Saturday.

For more information about the Blind Driver Challenge of the National
Federation of the Blind visit our website at: blinddriverchallenge.org.