[Home-on-the-range] visually impaired students included...

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Wed Dec 21 13:17:42 UTC 2011

Good morning all - just heard on todays Associated Press releases (News Line) that the Kansas Department of Education has added a new free resource on their web site available to teachers. These free learning materials can be distributed by teachers directly to smart phones, e-readers and other digital electronics. The article specifically notes that these resources can also be used by our visually impaired students...sounds like good news!

Also, noted on yesterdays Associated Press is the resignation of our current SRS Secretary. Governor Brownback appointed him and brought him from Florida's SRS Department last January. He returns to Florida , beginning January 5, in the capacity  of Assistant Secretary of Abuse and Mental Health Programs. The Kansas legislators questioned his management style, motives and knowledge of Kansas SRS. This department is Kansas's largest with over 5,000 employees and a budget of around 1.7 billion dollars...wonder what we'll get next? Have a great day! Dianne