[Home-on-the-range] Jayhawk Chapter Meet the Blind Month

Susan Tabor souljourner at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 18 05:48:53 UTC 2011

Greetings, everyone!

On behalf of the Jayhawk chapter I'd like to pass along our plans for Meet
the Blind month.

On Saturday October 1, from about 9:00 to 4:30, we will have a tabling event
in front of U.S. Bank at 9th and Massachusetts Streets, on the southeast
corner. At that location we will distribute blindness awareness information,
will sell Farmstead nuts and treats and will sell World's Best chocolate
bars.  We will also conduct a voter registration drive as a service to the
Lawrence and Douglas County area.

On Tuesday October 4 we will receive our proclamation for Meet The Blind
Month and White Cane Safety Day (October 15) from our mayor and city
commission at their regularly scheduled Tuesday evening meeting at the city
commission meeting room at City Hall at 6:35  p.m. Proclamations are usually
dealt with at the beginning part of their meeting.

I thought I'd also share with you the results of the election that took
place at our meeting today as well.

The slate of officers that was presented by our nominating committee were
each elected by acclamation. They are:

Chikako Mochizuki, President

Rob Tabor, Vice-President

Cheryl Miller, Secretary

Bob Fuller, Treasurer

Susan Tabor was again appointed to be chair of the fundraising committee.

We're looking forward to another great year!

October is shaping up to be a busy month!

Susan Tabor,

Outgoing Secretary,

Jayhawk Chapter

NFBKS Have fun, everyone!