[Home-on-the-range] free eye exams for service dogs

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 15:21:35 UTC 2012

I really think this is good. I read about it, or maybe heard about it, from my vet a year or two ago and then forgot to participate. I need to because Fisher hasn't had an eye exam and should have one every two years. He is now reaching an age at which it will be imperative to do that. At six they begin to exhibit signs of some eye problems sometimes.

I think it is fascinating that people have to have proof that the dog was from a specific training program. There are a lot of viable dogs around who are owner trained. They are penalized for this then because they trained their own dogs. Is that really fair? Not sure that it is.

Cindy