[Home-on-the-range] FW: Grassroots Call to Action on the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) Reauthorization

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 29 01:49:41 UTC 2013

Dear NFBK members:

Many of you have probably seen this important call for grassroots action
from Anil Lewis regarding Senate Bill S1356, the draft measure for
reauthorization of the Workforce Investment Act. As Mr. Lewis' posting
notes, Section 511 is back like the proverbial bad penny. This section if
enacted would require state vocational rehabilitation programs to place
their clients in work training programs and jobs that pay less than the
Federal minimum wage. Once again, the culprit is Tom Harkin, Chairman of the
Senate Health, education, Labor and pensions (HELP) committee. Apparently he
didn't get our message the first time.

There is some suggested language that Anil has provided, but feel free to
add relevant thoughts or how these changes might affect you personally in
your contacts to Senator Roberts and his staff.

For your convenience, I have placed Senator Roberts' contact info at the end
of my comments. Please feel free to pass this urgent call for action to your
family and friends in other states, especially if one of their senators  is
a HELP committee member.

Besgt regards,

Rob

Contact Sen. Pat Roberts (R-KS)